Duration: 03 nights/ 04 days
Destinations: Delhi, Agra, Fatehpur Sikri & Jaipur
Day 01: Colombo/Delhi by flight
Arrive Delhi airport. After clearing your custom & immigration you shall be met by our representative outside the exit gate of the arrival hall. After meeting/assistance and traditional welcome at the airport transfer to hotel.
After a quick fresh n up leave for full day combined city tour of New & Old Delhi
- Old Delhi – A sightseeing tour of Old Delhi would entail visiting the Raj Ghat – the memorial site where Mahatma Gandhi was cremated; Jama Masjid – the largest mosque in India and the Red Fort-once the most opulent fort and palace of the Mughal Empire.
- New Delhi – An extensive sightseeing tour of New Delhi would include a visit to the Humayun’s Tomb, 12th century Minaret- Qutub Minar graceful and well sculptured and stands 75 meters, Lotus Temple, a drive along the ceremonial avenue – Rajpath, past the imposing India Gate, Parliament House, The President House, once the House of British viceroys and would end with a drive through the Diplomatic Enclave.Rest of the day at leisure. Overnight stay in hotel.
Day 02: Delhi/Agra (235 kms)
Morning breakfast at hotel and 0800 hrs drive to Agra -The Royal seat and capital of the province of yesteryears and the City of Mughals.Upon arrival in Agra, check in at Hotel. Afternoon leave for city tour of Agra. Visiting Taj Mahal & Agra Fort.
- Taj Mahal – One of the seven wonder of the world. A pristine monument of undying love. Little needs to be said about this architectural wonder, which is always the soul raison-de-etre for every tourist’s visit to Agra. Built by Shah Jahan, the Taj is a white marble memorial to his beautiful wife Mumtaz Mahal. This monument took 22 years to be completed and was designed and planned by Persian architect Ustad Isa. Apart from its stunning design balance and perfect symmetry, the Taj is also noted particularly for its elegant domes, intricately carved screens and some of the best inlay work ever seen.
- Agra Fort – The first of the great mughal buildings where three Mughal emperors left their foot prints. Built by the famed Mughal emperor Akbar in 1565 AD, the fort is predominantly of red sandstone. Ensconced within is the picture-perfect Pearl Mosque, which is a major tourist attraction.Rest of the day at leisure. Overnight stay in hotel.
Day 03: Agra/ Fatehpursikri/Jaipur (250 kms)
Morning breakfast at hotel and 0800 hrs drive to Jaipur.
- En Route Fatehpur Sikri – The city of victory beautifully preserved. The sandstone mansions of Sikri are experiments in art and architecture and to a great extent uphold Akbar’s ideals and visions. The deserted, red Sandstone City, Emperor Akbar built that as his capital and palace in the late 16th century is an exhilarating experience. It a veritable fairytale city and its “ruins” are in pristine condition …. it’s not hard to imagine what the court life must have been like in the days of its grandeur.After visiting Fatehpur Sikri continue your drive to Jaipur – The picturesque capital of Rajasthan, built by the warrior-astronomer Raja Sawai Jai Singh II in 1727, it is full of formidable Forts, enchanting Palaces and lovely temples.Upon arrival in Jaipur, check in at Hotel. After fresh n up leave for half a day city tour of Jaipur.
- City Palace – A delightful blend of Mughal and traditional Rajasthani architecture, the City Palace sprawls over one-seventh of the area in the walled city. It houses the Chandra Mahal, Shri Govind Dev Temple and the City Palace Museum. Complex which houses the rare and rich collection of ornaments, arms, royal costumes, carpets and decorative art objects of traditional Rajasthani and Mughal art and architecture
- Jantar Mantar – A 18th century Observatory. This is the largest and the best preserved of the five observatories built by Jai Singh II in different parts of the country. This observatory consisting of outsized astronomical instruments is still in use.
- Hawa Mahal – The ornamental facade of this “Palace of Winds” is a prominent landmark in Jaipur. Its five-storey structure of sandstone plastered pink encrusted with fine trelliswork and elaborate balconies. The palace has 953 niches and windows. Built in 1799 by Pratap Singh, the Mahal was a royal grandstand for the palace women.Visit a rug factory and see the ladies at the intricate work or a gem factory and see the gem cutting and polishing process.Rest of the day at leisure. Overnight stay in hotel.
Day 04: Jaipur/Delhi/Colombo by flight Hotel check out at 1200 noon
Morning breakfast at hotel & 0800 hrs visit Amber Fort Palace – Amber is the classic romantic Rajasthani fort palace. Enjoy ride the hill on the back of decorated elephant ascent to the fort and feel like Maharaja. Its construction was started by Man Singh I in 1592, and completed by his descendent Jai Singh I. Its forbidding exterior belies an inner paradise where a beautiful fusion of Mughal and Hindu styles finds its ultimate expression.
In the meantime drive back to Delhi and direct transfer to airport to connect your onward return flight.
..End of The Tour & let the pleasant memories of the past days linger on your mind for a long time..
HOTELS INCORPORATED IN ABOVE TOUR ITINEARAY
|CITY||CAT-B (3*Hotels )||NO. OF NIGHTS|
|Agra||The Taj Vilas||01|
* 03 nights Twin Sharing hotels with daily breakfast.
* Air-conditioned deluxe vehicle (Dzire for 02 pax , Toyota Innova for 04 Pax , 09 Seater Tempo Travller for 06/08 Pax & 12 Seater Tempo Traveller for 10 pax ) with good driver for all airport transfers, tours and intercity travel exactly as per itinerary.
* Meeting with assistance at all airport transfers.
* All presently applicable taxes including govet GST (5%).
* Arrival/Departure International flight tickets to/from Delhi
* Meals other than breakfast and as specified above.
- Video camera/still camera fee applicable at various monuments. The same will be paid by you direct on spot on actual basis.
02 Pax : LKR 39,300 Per Pax
04 Pax : LKR29,400 Per pax
06 Pax : LKR27,900 Per Pax
08 Pax : LKR 24,500 per pax